Application for Pronouncement

What is Solicitud de Pronunciamiento (Application for a Pronouncement)?

This is a procedure that can be completed if you have doubts regarding your citizenship. By virtue of the power established in Art. 157 No. 9 of Law No. 21.325 of Migración y Extranjería, the Servicio Nacional de Migraciones (SERMIG) may declare whether you are a foreigner or not.

What if I have doubts about my citizenship?

If you have any doubts regarding your citizenship, you can access the App de Trámites Ext-Web, register with an email address, complete the chosen application and attach the requested documentation. A response to your application will be sent to your registered email address.

For example, if you are a person born in Chile and registered in the Servicio de Registro Civil e Identificación (Civil Registry and Identification Service) as a “Hijo de Extranjero Transeúnte” (Child of a foreigner not residing in Chile), and you have doubts regarding this condition, you can submit an application for SERMIG to rule on whether or not you are a foreigner.

* Spanish only.

How do I submit the Application for a Pronouncement online?

Check the following step-by-step instructions:

Can I apply by mail?

Yes, you can. To do so, you must follow these instructions:

  1. Complete the application in block letters.
  2. Write your first name and surname as it appears in your passport or identification document.
  3. Send by certified mail to: Servicio Nacional de Migraciones, Departamento de Nacionalidad, Clasificador Nº 8, Correo Central, Santiago.
  4. The response to this presentation will be sent to your home address.


  1. Complete birth certificate of the person whose citizenship is being consulted.
  2. Documents showing that the applicant's father and mother were not a temporary visitor (transient) at the time of birth because they intended to reside in Chile:
    • Travel report issued by the Chilean International Police.
    • Residence application, residence permit, lease/work contract, utility bills, third-party affidavit, etc.

¿Qué información buscas?


  • Si necesitas tu Resolución Exenta, documento oficial que acredita tu residencia temporal o definitiva, revisa cómo encontrarla y descárgala en nuestro portal. Te guiamos paso a paso.
  • Si necesitas otro tipo de información, ingresa tu solicitud en el formulario: