Administrative appeal for Residencia Temporal permit

What is a recurso administrativo de Residencia Temporal (administrative appeal for a Residencia Temporal permit)?

When the Servicio Nacional de Migraciones (SERMIG) receives an application for a Residencia Temporal permit, it may grant or reject the requested benefit. In the event the application is rejected, the applicant has the option to file an Administrative Appeal to the measure, accompanied by new information that allows a review of the decision made by the authority.

Where can I file an administrative appeal?

The Administrative Appeal for a Residencia Temporal permit must be filed through the SERMIG’s Portal de Trámites Digitales, by logging into the portal with your ClaveÚnica or with your account created in the portal, while you are within the national territory.

* Link only available from within Chile.


  1. The appeal must be filed within three days following the notification of refusal.
  2. Submit new background information that allows a review of the decision made by the authority (such background information must disprove the refusal of the challenged administrative act).

The appeal must contain the provisions set forth in Article 30 of Law No. 19.880 of 2003, which establishes the bases of the administrative procedures that govern the acts of the Public Administration Bodies:

  1. Name and surname of the interested individual or, if applicable, of their representative, as well as the identification of the preferred way or place to be notified (e-mail).
  2. Facts, reasons, and petitions in which the application consists.
  3. Place and date.
  4. Signature of the applicant or certification of the authenticity of their will expressed by any authorized means.
  5. Administrative body to which it is addressed.

Steps to apply for an Administrative Appeal for a Residencia Temporal permit:

  1. Click on the "File an Administrative Appeal" button.
  2. The Login tab of the Portal de Trámites Digitales will open, where you must enter your email address and password. Then, click on the "Ingresar" button.
  3. On the same page, you should look for "Recurso Administrativo" and click on "Iniciar".

¿Qué información buscas?


  • Si necesitas tu Resolución Exenta, documento oficial que acredita tu residencia temporal o definitiva, revisa cómo encontrarla y descárgala en nuestro portal. Te guiamos paso a paso.
  • Si necesitas otro tipo de información, ingresa tu solicitud en el formulario: