Temporary Residence

Permit for foreign women who have been victims of domestic or gender violence, when qualified by a Family Court.

Residence permit for foreigners who are in Chile and are victims of the crime of trafficking or illicit smuggling of migrants.

Residence permit for humanitarian reasons for foreign women in Chile who are pregnant.

Residence permit for humanitarian reasons, exempt from sanctions and costs for children and adolescents, regardless of the immigration status of their father, mother or caregiver.

Those foreigners who have a family bond or cohabitation relationship with a person who has already obtained or is applying for such permit as a holder of any subcategory, at the Servicio Nacional de Migraciones (SERMIG), may apply for a Residencia Temporal permit as a dependent.

This procedure is an application for people who have been granted a Residencia Temporal permit and have not materialized the benefit and wish to reactivate the process.

This is a procedure for foreigners who have been granted a Residencia Temporal permit, but have not proceeded with the respective downloading of their Estampado Electrónico, since they wish to be holders of another subcategory, different from the one they were granted.

The subcategories defined by the Law are understood as subtypes of Residencia Temporal permits, each with its own specific requirements.

Subcategory of Residencia Temporal permit granted in the framework of the principle of international reciprocity, to citizens of Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay.

Subcategory of Residencia Temporal for persons who enter Chile for executive or managerial activities related to business or company investments.

Sign up and schedule an appointment!

To schedule an appointment, log in with your username and password from the SERMIG’s Portal de Trámites Digitales. If you don’t have one, you can create it.

Scheduling an appointment is available in all regional offices in Chile. Remember that you can only make one reservation at a time!

¿Qué información buscas?


  • Si necesitas tu Resolución Exenta, documento oficial que acredita tu residencia temporal o definitiva, revisa cómo encontrarla y descárgala en nuestro portal. Te guiamos paso a paso.
  • Si necesitas otro tipo de información, ingresa tu solicitud en el formulario: