Residence for pregnant women


Special permit for foreign women in situation of pregnancy

Mujer migrante embarazada

You will be granted this permit if you are a foreign woman who is in the national territory by virtue of a Permanencia Transitoria permit or a Residencia Temporal permit, and you have a certificate stating that you are pregnant.

Where can I submit this application?

The application can be made on the SERMIG’s Portal de Trámites Digitales by logging in “Solicitud de Residencias Temporales para extranjeros dentro de Chile“.

* Procedure available only from within Chile.

The foreign woman herself can make the application or the corresponding Servicio de Salud, through SERMIG's Portal de Trámites Digitales.

  1. Passport or identification document.
  2. Certificate of criminal record or equivalent document issued by the competent authority of their country of origin or the country in which they have resided in the last 5 years (required to applicants over 18 years old).
  3. Pregnancy certificate issued by a professional belonging to the Red Asistencial (Health Care Network) of any of the Services regulated by the Ministry of Health. Said certificate must be legalized before a notary public with Firma Electrónica Avanzada.
  4. In cases where the application is submitted by the Servicio de Salud, it must be accompanied by the express authorization of the interested party, unless they are unable to do so.

Once the Residencia Temporal is granted, you must pay the corresponding fees and download the Estampado Electrónico that certifies the immigration benefit. Later, you must request an appointment at the Servicio de Registro Civil e Identificación (Civil Registry and Identification Service) to obtain the Cédula de Identidad (Identity Card).

If you do not request the appointment within 30 days after downloading the Estampado Electrónico, you must first be sanctioned according to Art. 106 of Law No. 21.325 of Migraciones y Extranjería.

What other humanitarian reasons exist?


  • For foreigners who are inside Chile as Permanencia Transitoria holders, they must submit a copy of the Tarjeta Única Migratoria (TUM) or a copy of the entry stamp in their passport.
  • Documents issued in any language other than Spanish and English must be translated and legalized by the respective Consulate.
  • All documents issued abroad or by the respective consular representation in Chile must be apostilled or duly legalized, as stipulated in Articles No. 345 and 345 bis of the Código de Procedimiento Civil (Code of Civil Procedure).
  • Documents issued by private parties must be submitted within 30 days from the date of issuance. Those issued by public institutions and agencies must be presented within 60 days from the date of issuance, unless the validity of the document is different from that indicated.
  • All documents must be submitted in PDF format.

Sign up and schedule an appointment!

To schedule an appointment, log in with your username and password from the SERMIG’s Portal de Trámites Digitales. If you don’t have one, you can create it.

Scheduling an appointment is available in all regional offices in Chile. Remember that you can only make one reservation at a time!

¿Qué información buscas?


  • Si necesitas tu Resolución Exenta, documento oficial que acredita tu residencia temporal o definitiva, revisa cómo encontrarla y descárgala en nuestro portal. Te guiamos paso a paso.
  • Si necesitas otro tipo de información, ingresa tu solicitud en el formulario: