To whom is this Residencia Temporal permit directed?
This permit is directed to those foreigners who are granted a Residencia Temporal permit by the principle of international reciprocity, according to the provisions of Article 70 No. 13 of Law No. 21.325.
This principle is applied in the Agreement of the States Parties of Mercosur, Bolivia and Chile, which includes citizens of Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay.
Where can I apply for a Residencia Temporal permit?
This application for a Residencia Temporal permit must be made from outside Chile, by logging in with the account created by the applicant for these purposes or with ClaveÚnica, in the Portal de Trámites Digitales of Servicio Nacional de Migraciones (SERMIG).
Once logged in, you must search for the “Solicitud de Residencias Temporales para extranjeros fuera de Chile” (Application for Residencia Temporal for foreigners outside Chile).
* Application only available from abroad.
Information and requirements
- The passport must be valid for at least one year as from the application date (for applications submitted abroad).
- Documents issued in any language other than Spanish and English must be submitted together with their respective translation, which must be authorized by a certified body.
- All documents issued abroad or by the respective consular representation in Chile must be apostilled or duly legalized, as stipulated in Articles 345 and 345 bis of the Código de Procedimiento Civil (Code of Civil Procedure).
- Documents issued by private parties must be submitted within 30 days from the date of issuance. Those issued by public institutions and agencies must be presented within 60 days from the date of issuance unless the validity of the document is expressly stated.
What other subcategories of Residencia Temporal are there?
© Images from Freepik.