Residence for victims of domestic or gender-based violence


Permit for victims of domestic or gender-based violence

Mujer víctima de violencia de género

This permit will be granted if you are a foreign woman who was a victim of domestic violence or gender violence, when so qualified by a Tribunal de Familia (Family Court).

In those cases in which the conduct constitutes a crime, this qualification may also be made by the Ministerio Público or the Court in charge of the case.

This application will be entered in the Portal de Trámites Digitales by one of the entities listed in the paragraph above.

In the event that you are a temporary resident as a dependent of any subcategory, that you have been a victim of crimes constituting domestic violence, and that you have initiated legal proceedings in relation to such criminal offenses, which have ended with a conviction, you may apply for this Residencia Temporal permit.

This permit will be granted by means of a resolution without any further procedure, as the holder, upon submission to SERMIG of an authorized copy of the final and enforceable sentence by the respective court, at the request of the interested party.

In those cases in which legal actions have been initiated for crimes constituting domestic violence, but not through a sentence, with the presentation of a certificate of the case issued by the Ministerio Público, which certifies your status as a victim, SERMIG will grant you a Residencia Temporal permit as a holder until the end of the respective judicial process, which may be extended at the request of the interested party.

What other humanitarian reasons exist?


Sign up and schedule an appointment!

To schedule an appointment, log in with your username and password from the SERMIG’s Portal de Trámites Digitales. If you don’t have one, you can create it.

Scheduling an appointment is available in all regional offices in Chile. Remember that you can only make one reservation at a time!

¿Qué información buscas?


  • Si necesitas tu Resolución Exenta, documento oficial que acredita tu residencia temporal o definitiva, revisa cómo encontrarla y descárgala en nuestro portal. Te guiamos paso a paso.
  • Si necesitas otro tipo de información, ingresa tu solicitud en el formulario: