Multiple-entry businesses


To whom is this Residencia Temporal permit directed?

Socios cerrando un negocio

This permit is directed to those foreigners who must enter the country on a regular basis in order to carry out executive or managerial activities related to business or investments held by companies in Chile.

The total length of stay of the person during their visits to the country may not exceed six months in each calendar year, without prejudice to the provisions of the supreme decree that establishes the validity of the immigration subcategories, referred to in Article 72 of Law No. 21.325.

Where can I apply for a Residencia Temporal permit?

This application for a Residencia Temporal permit must be made from outside Chile, by logging in with the account created by the applicant for these purposes or with ClaveÚnica, in the Portal de Trámites Digitales of Servicio Nacional de Migraciones (SERMIG).

* Application only available from abroad.

Information and requirements

  1. Passport or identification document.
  2. Certificate of criminal record or equivalent document issued by the competent authority of their country of origin or that in which they have resided in the last 5 years (required to applicants over 18 years old).
  3. Document stating the reasons for the visit, as well as economic and commercial interests.
  4. Letter or certificate issued by the foreign institution represented by the applicant, specifying their function and interests, as well as certifying the income associated with this business management, duly apostilled or legalized as appropriate.

Yes, you can request an extension. To do so, you must submit documentation that certifies the continuity of the activities that served as the basis for granting the original permit.

Yes, you may be granted a Residencia Temporal permit as a dependent of the holder of this immigration subcategory, if your condition is included in paragraphs 1 and 2 of Article 74 of Law No. 21.325.

For more information on the requirements, visit the page about dependent status.


  • The passport must be valid for at least one year as from the application date (for applications submitted abroad).
  • Documents issued in any language other than Spanish and English must be submitted together with their respective translation, which must be authorized by a certified body.
  • All documents issued abroad or by the respective consular representation in Chile must be apostilled or duly legalized, as stipulated in Articles 345 and 345 bis of the Código de Procedimiento Civil (Code of Civil Procedure).
  • Documents issued by private parties must be submitted within 30 days from the date of issuance. Those issued by public institutions and agencies must be presented within 60 days from the date of issuance unless the validity of the document is expressly stated.

© Images from Freepik.


Sign up and schedule an appointment!

To schedule an appointment, log in with your username and password from the SERMIG’s Portal de Trámites Digitales. If you don’t have one, you can create it.

Scheduling an appointment is available in all regional offices in Chile. Remember that you can only make one reservation at a time!

¿Qué información buscas?


  • Si necesitas tu Resolución Exenta, documento oficial que acredita tu residencia temporal o definitiva, revisa cómo encontrarla y descárgala en nuestro portal. Te guiamos paso a paso.
  • Si necesitas otro tipo de información, ingresa tu solicitud en el formulario: