To whom is this Residencia Temporal permit directed?
This permit may be applied for by foreigners who certify having a family bond with a Chilean citizen or foreigner holder of a Residencia Definitiva permit under the following conditions:
- Spouse or other comparable role that, in accordance with the applicable law, produces effects equivalent to marriage.
- Minor child.
- Child with disability.
- Unmarried child under 24 years of age who is studying.
- Minor under your personal care or guardianship.
Where can I apply for family reunification?
This application must be made through the Portal de Trámites Digitales of the Servicio Nacional de Migraciones, logging in with ClaveÚnica or with the account created for this purpose. You may use one of these two options, depending on where you are:
- “Solicitud de Residencias Temporales para extranjeros fuera de Chile“, if you are abroad.
- “Solicitud de Residencias Temporales para extranjeros dentro de Chile“, if you are within the country.
* Spanish only.
How is the family reunification process completed?
Check the step-by-step instructions in the following guide:
As an applicant, you must submit the documentation that is specific to your personal case, as listed below:
For a person related to a permanent resident
For a person with a family bond to a Chilean citizen
- The passport must be valid for at least one year as from the application date (for applications submitted abroad).
- For foreigners who are within Chile as Permanencia Transitoria holders, they must submit a copy of the Tarjeta Única Migratoria (TUM) or a copy of the entry stamp in their passport.
- Documents issued in any language other than Spanish and English must be submitted together with their respective translation, which must be authorized by a certified body.
- All documents issued abroad or by the respective consular representation in Chile must be apostilled or duly legalized, as stipulated in Articles 345 and 345 bis of the Código de Procedimiento Civil (Code of Civil Procedure).
- Documents issued by private parties must be submitted within 30 days from the date of issuance. Those issued by public institutions and agencies must be presented within 60 days from the date of issuance unless the validity of the document is expressly stated.
What other subcategories of Residencia Temporal are there?
© Images from Freepik.