Foreigners who are in Chile by order of National Courts of Justice


To whom is this Residencia Temporal permit directed?

Juez en el tribunal

This permit is directed to those foreigners who are in Chile or who must move to Chilean territory by order of Chilean Courts of Justice, for as long as it is necessary according to the judgement of the latter for the proper development of the judicial process in which they are a party.

Who is responsible to apply for this Residencia Temporal permit?

The official of the Court who issued the travel ban or transfer order of the person, must enter the application in the Portal de Trámites Digitales of the Servicio Nacional de Migraciones (SERMIG).


  1. ID of the foreigner.
  2. Criminal record certificate or equivalent document issued by the competent authority of their country of origin or the country in which they have resided in the last 5 years (required to applicants over 18 years old).
  3. Certificado de causa issued by the respective Tribunal de Justicia (Court of Justice).


  • For foreigners who are within Chile as Permanencia Transitoria holders, they must submit a copy of the Tarjeta Única Migratoria (TUM) or a copy of the entry stamp in their passport.
  • Documents issued in any language other than Spanish and English must be submitted together with their respective translation, which must be authorized by a certified body.
  • All documents issued abroad or by the respective consular representation in Chile must be apostilled or duly legalized, as stipulated in Articles 345 and 345 bis of the Código de Procedimiento Civil (Code of Civil Procedure).
  • Documents issued by private parties must be submitted within 30 days from the date of issuance. Those issued by public institutions and agencies must be presented within 60 days from the date of issuance unless the validity of the document is expressly stated.

© Images from Freepik.


Sign up and schedule an appointment!

To schedule an appointment, log in with your username and password from the SERMIG’s Portal de Trámites Digitales. If you don’t have one, you can create it.

Scheduling an appointment is available in all regional offices in Chile. Remember that you can only make one reservation at a time!

¿Qué información buscas?


  • Si necesitas tu Resolución Exenta, documento oficial que acredita tu residencia temporal o definitiva, revisa cómo encontrarla y descárgala en nuestro portal. Te guiamos paso a paso.
  • Si necesitas otro tipo de información, ingresa tu solicitud en el formulario: