To whom is this Residencia Temporal permit directed?
This permit may be applied for by:
- Legal representatives and persons who engage in executive or senior management functions in a foreign company, who seek to invest in Chile for an amount equal to or greater than five hundred thousand US dollars or its equivalent in other currencies, only if such investment is destined to the production of goods or services.
- Persons who engage in executive or senior management functions and specialized technical personnel, who are hired as dependent workers or to provide services in a company established in Chile, whose capital or assets are controlled directly or indirectly by a foreign investor who holds at least 10% of the voting rights of the shares of the company or an equivalent percentage of participation in the capital stock if it is not a sociedad por acciones (Chilean business structure controlled by their shareholders), or in the assets of the company.
Where can I apply for a Residencia Temporal permit?
This application for a Residencia Temporal permit must be made from outside Chile, by logging in with the account created by the applicant for these purposes or with ClaveÚnica, in the Portal de Trámites Digitales of Servicio Nacional de Migraciones (SERMIG).
Once logged in, you must search for the “Solicitud de Residencias Temporales para extranjeros fuera de Chile” (Application for Residencia Temporal for foreigners outside Chile).
* Application only available from abroad.
Information and requirements
- The passport must be valid for at least one year as from the application date (for applications submitted abroad).
- Documents issued in any language other than Spanish and English must be submitted together with their respective translation, which must be authorized by a certified body.
- All documents issued abroad or by the respective consular representation in Chile must be apostilled or duly legalized, as stipulated in Articles 345 and 345 bis of the Código de Procedimiento Civil (Code of Civil Procedure).
- Documents issued by private parties must be submitted within 30 days from the date of issuance. Those issued by public institutions and agencies must be presented within 60 days from the date of issuance unless the validity of the document is expressly stated.
What other subcategories of Residencia Temporal are there?
© Images from Freepik.